Common Entrance Math Tutor
Home tutor in Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos
Result and performance driven Mathematics Instructor with 5+ years’ experience in Mathematics Tutoring
For more than five years, I have been able to work with students individually or in groups to achieve improved math concept comprehension and retention. I am also adept at implementing assessment methods to gauge knowledge and progress.
The following are steps with which I achieved the aforementioned:
- Created engaging lesson plans, fostered culture of discovery and provided well-organized classroom structure to help students succeed in program.
- Arranged materials and instructional plans to implement immersive activities delving into science concepts.
- Taught students building blocks of Math, as well as advanced concepts and tricks to simplify common entrance questions.
- Evaluated academic performance and social relationships to identify and help struggling students.
- Assessed students' strengths and weaknesses regularly to provide appropriate methods for addressing learning needs.
- Selected and requisitioned appropriate books and instructional aids to complement lesson plans.
- Utilized curriculum which reflected diverse educational, cultural and linguistic background of student body.
I am a tutor who believes that learning should be fun.
I have 6 years of productive experience working as a private tutor and school tutor in the areas of Maths and Further Maths and Basic Science. I have been able to successfully tutor students to not only pass various school exams, national exams and international exams, but to fall in love with the subject.
My application of useful hands on materials and my principles of mastery, go a long way to shapen the lives of students way after the lesson experience.
B.ENG Petroleum Engineering
Sep 2005 - May 2012
Federal University of Technology, Owerri
Teacher 1 (Subject Teacher)
Aug 2018 - Present
Greater Scholars International School
I facilitate learning by: Preparing lesson notes, slides and activities that will facilitate effective learning. Preparing students for school presentations. Teaching Science, in Junior Grade classes 1,2 & 3 Differentiating children work based on their abilities. Preparing materials to help children overcome learning challenges.