Senior Secondary School Chemistry Tutor
Home tutor in Oshodi-Isolo, Lagos
Senior Secondary School Chemistry tutor with 7 years experience
I am a senior secondary school Science ( Physics and chemistry) tutor with 7 years of teaching experience. I current hold the position of the Head of science department and coordinator of Junior Engineers, Technicians and Scientists ( JETS) club
Some of my achievements include:
1. I have led the department successfully through syllabus changes at WAEC and NECO. 2018 WAEC results shows significantly the progress of students. 85% had A's in science subjects including physics and chemistry.
2. I have also led the students to several external competitions such as PZ chemistry challenge, Prof. Awokoya chemistry competition, etc. 2015/2016, one of my students made it to the semi-final stage of the PZ chemistry challenge.
3. Demonstration of science in the laboratory for easy learning by students has also been my major priority over the years.
4. I have also mentored numerous students both in schools, tutorials as well as seminars. I made them understand what life actually demand from everyone and guide them towards meeting those demands.
5. I also prepare students for advanced examinations such as UTME and POST UTME. Last year, two students I tutored gained admission into University of Lagos and Afebabola university respectively scoring 272 and 270 respectively.
I am a graduate of Industrial Chemistry from Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife Osun State.
I have 7 years experience in home teaching and a 3 years experience in secondary school teaching as a chemistry teacher. Additionally, I take physics, maths and further maths at home teaching. In recent years, I have prepared students for WAEC, GCE, IJMB, UTME, etc, with my students showing outstanding performance.
I have chosen teaching as a career because I love to impact knowledge on my students and also to teach them different ways of doing things which makes them appreciate science more.
B.Sc Industrial Chemistry
Jan 2011 - Dec 2015
Obafemi Awolowo University
Sep 2018 - Present
First Activa College, Ikotun
1. Teach students in classrooms the subject of chemistry 2. Expose the students to laboratory apparatus as well teaching them how to handle them 3. Practicals are done on every topics taught in chemistry 4. Prepare the students for external examination such as WAEC 5. Prepare the students for quiz competition such as pz chemistry challenge, professor Awokoya chemistry competion, etc.
Sep 2015 - Jul 2016
Royal Kriston College, Mushin
1. Taught students in classroom and ensured they understood each topic 2. Adequate classwork and assignment were also given to students. The assignments were marked accordingly 3. I prepared the students for the 2016/2017 WAEC as well as NECO with over 80% of them having distinction in chemistry. 4. Students were also taking to a chemical industry to appreciate better the interesting subject of chemistry.
Nov 2017 - Jul 2018
First zion High school Ijegun, Ikotun Lagos
1. The students were taught and explained to in detail with practical carried out in each topic 2. Extra curricular activities were also carried out such as JETS club where i happened to be the coordinator. 3. I also supervised a project carried out in JETS club which was the construction of the school's model 4. I prepared the students for the 2017/2018 WAEC and NECO examinations respectively with about 85% of students with distinctions in chemistry