British Junior Secondary Math Tutor
Home tutor in Chikun, Kaduna
HIGHLY MOTIVATED BRITISH SECONDARY MATH TUTOR WITH PASSION FOR ENGINEERING
As a math private tutor for over 5 years, I have been able to successfully carry out the following activities and achievements among others;
- Tutored math from the foundation level up through algebra or calculus, geometry or arithmetic while overseeing and monitoring the general performance of my pupils and students.
- Worked one-on-one with college, high school, and elementary students to improve their Math.
- Provided student and pupils with examples and materials to practice and reinforce their knowledge and skills of various mathematical problems.
- Communicated with parents regarding the progress of their students after each session.
- Successfully tutored struggling math students in which test grades improved from failing to AS and BS.
- Taught students study skills, note-taking skills, and test-taking strategies as applicable for effective study of mathematics.
- Traveled to different locations and managed multifarious schedules in order to provide maximum service in a timely manner.
Generally, i have a comprehensive approach to learning mathematics, with a focus on conceptualization as opposed to memorization.
I am an Engineering graduate from the Federal University of Agriculture, Makurdi.
Currently, I am almost through with the course work for Masters of Engineering program at the Federal University of Technology, Minna.
I commenced teaching immidiately after my Senior Secondary School Cerificate Examination where I tutored pupils from various homes during the evening hours after their normal school routines. I tutored the pupils on basic subjects including maths, English, basic science, quantitative and verbal reasoning.
While awaiting admission, I was also engaged with a Primary School as a Class teacher to handle a wide range of subjects.
Also, while waiting for NYSC, I tutored in a private secondary school as a mathematics and biology teacher. During this time, I also had productive experience working as a private tutor in the area of mathematics, physics and biology here in Kaduna where the students were prepared for various national examinations including WAEC, NECO, UTME, and GCE. Currently, I am a teacher with Queen Amina College Kaduna.
B.ENG Agricultural and Bioresources Engineering
Jan 2009 - Sep 2014
federal university of agricuntur, makurdi
M.Eng Agricultural and Bioresources Engineering
Mar 2019 - Present
Federal University of Technology, Minna
Jun 2012 - Jan 2013
I worked as a maintenance engineer at the company during my industrial attachment. During this period, I installed fish and poultry feed production machines. I also supervised fish and poultry feed productions.
Npower volunteer Teacher (N-TEACH)
Dec 2016 - Present
Queen Amina College
As an N-teach volunteer at Queen Amina College, I work with the existing staff of the college to impart knowledge. Specifically, I tutor Agricultural Science in the college.
Mathematics Teacher (NYSC)
May 2015 - May 2016
OSU COMMUNITYSECONDARY SCHOOL
I was the grade3 mathematics teacher. I prepared students for the cowbell quiz competition.
Mathematics, Furthermathematics and Biology teacher
May 2017 - Nov 2018
2ND ECWA SECONDARY SCHOOL
While I was with 2nd ECWA SECONDARY SCHOOL, I tutored maths, biology and further mathematics. I was also involved in the extra evening lessons for the preparation of the students for WAEC, NECO, and UTME. I also supervised some papers during these examinations as an internal invigilator.
Mathematics and Goegraphy
Oct 2014 - May 2015
At Macdave Schools, I tutored Maths and Geography. I also prepared the students for cowbell quiz competitions. Students were also carried through extra evening lessons in preparation for WAEC, NECO and UTME.
Dec 2007 - Jan 2009
Favour Nursery and Primary School
I worked as a classroom teacher where I tutored pupils in primary 1. I was responsible for teaching all the subjects to my pupils.