Upper Primary Math Tutor
Home tutor in Apapa, Lagos
I am a mathematics teacher with refined and personalized methodology. With my wealth of experience and achievements with students thus far would give me an edge in meeting up with client target.
I instruct, create lesson plans, assign and correct home work by adapting to the learning style of the students that enhances their preparations for standardized examination.
Bestowing students with arithmetic and problem solving skills is one of my numerous duties that makes me unique.
I have successfully improved primary school students in their calculating skills. Some of my students are now in secondary school level and some are in the University. Apart from being a mathematics tutor , I also a mentor to the students.
The duration of teaching depends on agreement, a very long period of lessons is boring to students. I teaches primary school students in their home or any comfortable environment.
Raymond E. also teaches
Thank you for visiting my profile. Here are a few reasons why I'm the best available hand for your ward:
1. I graduated from University of Benin as a Civil Engineer.
2. General Mathematics and Further mathematics teaches more than mere calculations, but equally, help students to develop analytical minds. If this is not gotten right at this level, a not so smart adult may result. Hence, it is important that an experienced and patient Tutor who will deploy an illustrative mode of teaching, to ensure that it is not only understood but enjoyed by the student. Having taught this for at least 5years at basic school level(primary and secondary), I believe I'm more than qualify to deliver.
3. Not only have I taught for 5years, but I have also been able to achieve impressive results with my students. One of such is the Favour who moved from hating Mathematics to loving it, and eventually had an A in Junior WAEC, after her parents had given up on her poor run of form in the subject.
4. I instruct, create lesson plans, assign and correct home work, adapting to the learning style of the students that enhances their preparations for standardized examination.
5. My relationship with my students goes beyond a pen and notepad. I do ensure that I become their friends, this makes me approachable, so they can easily inquire of me when they are having difficulty understanding what they are being taught. I deploy illustrative analogies to aid the learning process of my students and make the atmosphere less tense and friendly.
Raymond also teaches:
Trigonometry, Verbal Reasoning, Quantitative Reasoning, Basic Mathematics, Geometry, basic science, physics.
Levels taught: Primary, Jss and Sss
Teaching Curriculum: British and Nigeria
I have stucked to the Both curriculum, because they does not merely establish facts in teaching but emphasizes the development of adaptive people of questioning and analytic minds, hence making it easy for product of such curriculums to fit in into any society and any technological age.
B.ENG Civil Engineering
Jan 2010 - Jun 2014
University of Benin
Mathematics and English Teacher
Jan 2016 - Present
I prepared the students for both internal and external exams. I also help the students to organize their clubs activities. Currently I m planning to organize inter mathematics competition for the students.
Further mathematics and Physics Teacher
Apr 2019 - Present
As a Further mathematics and Physics Teacher, I prepared students for internal and external exams. I also mentor my students, I teaches them how to be more useful to themselves and the society.