Junior Secondary Science Tutor
Home tutor in Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos
- Create daily lesson plans and learning activities for students based on national, local and school standards in science education and research and knowledge of developmental behaviors.
- Deliver high-quality, engaging instruction in the form of discussion, direct teaching, demonstrations and independent practice using a variety of proven methods.
- Differentiate lessons when needed to give all students access to the curriculum regardless of disability, instructional level, English proficiency or level of interest in the subject.
- Evaluate student performance on tasks established by the standards using different methods such as observation, performance-based tasks or other standard test practices.
- Maintain a safe, orderly and supportive classroom by modeling expected behavior and standards, promoting positive interactions and quickly addressing behaviors that are not in line with the school discipline plan.
- Communicate with parents regarding student progress, potential and behavior periodically through phone or electronic means and at parent and teacher conferences.
- Improve skills and knowledge in teaching by regularly taking classes, attending workshops and discovering new methods of delivering exciting content to students.
- Excellent result displayed by the students
Emmanuel O. also teaches
I graduated from university of Uyo with the degree award of Bachelor of Science (Ed) in Biology with second class honor upper division.
I have excellent communication and strong organizational skills. I have over ten years’ experience in professional teaching in Biology at various secondary school levels. The students of various secondary schools that have worked have done exceptionally well in Biology under my guidance due to my unique style of teaching.
I have excellently tutored many students of various sections covering primary, secondary and some tertiary institution students. i teach all primary school's subjects with the exception of languages like french, Spanish etc. I am proficient in tutoring mathematics and science subjects in Junior secondary school's students and biology for senior secondary school's students.
I am a WAEC examiner who specializes in marking Biology, i have acquired great skill through this exercise and this has helped me to guide my students very well for excellent result.
Over years, I have developed a strong interpersonal skill as a result of various students that I have tutored and positions occupied in various places that I have worked.I possess all the qualities you need in teaching profession
Education And Biology
Dec 2005 - Dec 2009
University of Uyo
Biology Teacher/Head of Academics
Sep 2014 - Present
Saint Mary's Schools
Prepare Scheme of work for the students Prepare lesson note and all teaching materials to facilitate learning Teach the students both theory and practical aspect of biology Coordinate all other academic activities of the school Monitor the smooth running of all assessments and examinations
Biology Teacher/examination Officer
Nov 2012 - Feb 2014
Michael Omonogun Memorial Secondary schools
Prepare scheme of work from the curriculum Prepare Lesson note and other teaching materials Teach the student both theory and practical biology Evaluate the students regularly Keep all statutory records Monitor examination activities both internal and external examinations (WAEC, NECO)