Pre-Primary & Lower Primary Tutor
Home tutor in Ikeja, Lagos
As a Pre-primary and lower primary tutor, I;
- Created and adapted instrumental strategies to meet student needs for elementary three class.
- Am deeply committed to optimizing student success by designing positive approaches and proactive interventions advancing learner's engagement.
- Introduced ''circle time'' which increased student confidence and the ability to engaged in conversation with each other.
- During school session, I directed student comp, a reading comprehension exercise which resulted 70% in student participating in reading exercise.
- Created and developed a teaching program which catered for the social, academic, cognitive development of young student.
- Enriched student learning by incorporating arts, history and literature into original curriculum.
- Implemented an implied behavior analysis program which increased student abilities to initiate tasks independently.
- Collaborated with local library for the student to create a culture for reading.
- Created celebrity speakers initiative encourages celebrity to speak on topic under discussion making student to be in culture and arts.
Ngozi A. also teaches
I am a graduate of International Studies & Diplomacy.
I live in Lagos and I love to impact knowledge to the younger generations. I am a good listener which has helped me to build a healthy relationship with them.
I am a great communicator with a passion for teaching. I am friendly and very approachable. I am a class teacher with a great work ethic which helps me to discharge my duties excellently, I am usually happy when I see my student succeed in their studies and in life.
BA International Relations and Diplomacy
Sep 2004 - Sep 2008
University of Benin
Feb 2018 - Apr 2019
Floraview Nur/ Primary School
Organized the classroom and learning resources and creating displays to encourage a positive learning environment; Planned, prepared and presented lessons that cater for the needs of the whole ability range within my class; Motivated pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation; maintained discipline; teaching all areas of the primary curriculum; Handled and took responsibility for the progress of a class of primary-age pupils; Prepared and marked work to facilitate positive pupil development. Develop Schemes Of Work And Lesson Plans In Line With Curriculum Objectives. Facilitated Learning By Establishing A Relationship With Pupils. Coordinated activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, and supported my colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area; Worked with others to plan and coordinate work; Worked with parents to maximise their involvement in the school and the development of resources for the school; Discussed with other professionals such as education welfare officers and educational psychologists, if required. meeting requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development; Provided feedback to parents and carers on a pupil's progress at parents' evenings and other meetings; Kept up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum; Organised and took part in school events, outings and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening; Liaised with my colleagues and worked flexibly, particularly in areas that pertaining the development of the school.