WAEC Math Tutor
Home tutor in Ojo, Lagos
My experience and enthusiasm for educating youth on the exciting subject of mathematics and physics provides me with the drive and knowledge to significantly impart my students as a mathematics teacher.
As a dynamic educator with 5 years experience in mathematics and providing mathematics expertise to students, I excel in the teaching-learning process, test/exam administration and creative lesson plan development. My experience has been in
- Preparing and directing students to enroll for their national and international exams.
- Directing students through the subjects and topics, preparing them for the exams.
- Preparing studying materials and sample exams.
- Creating targeted, student-centered lesson plans to achieve curriculum requirements and facilitate a personalized approach to education.
- Involving parents towards students’ progress.
- Integrating lectures, lab activities, and hands-on learning opportunities while ensuring alignment with State Science Standards.
My students' success and change to attitude towards mathematics (embracing the fact that mathematics is simple) has been a driving factor for me to keep teaching mathematics.
Jones M. also teaches
I graduated from the Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Benin and have had 4 years of experience teaching Physics, Maths and Further Maths. I have prepared students for external exams (UME, SSCE etc.) and school exams.
I also understand the demands of clients with tight schedule, to follow up on their children's/ward's academics (check their notes, ensure their assignments are done and give the parents feedback) beyond the subjects I teach and have been able to play this role for many clients.
My remarkable ability to teach seemingly complicated subjects remains my strenght as the performance of my students can testify to that.
B.ENG Mechanical Engineering
Apr 2008 - Aug 2012
University of Benin
Physics and Mathematics teacher
Jan 2019 - Present
1. Prepared the SS 3 students for external physics, mathematics and exams. (WASSCE, UME and NECO SSCE) 2. Teach SS 1 and SS 2 Mathematics, physics and further mathematics. 3. Played the role of the physics laboratory attendant. (taught the students physics practical and keep records of all apparatus in the laboratory). 4. Spearheaded the JETS club.
Maths and Basic Technology teacher
Nov 2017 - Aug 2018
Divine Pattern Educational Centre
1. Prepared the JSS 3 students for internal and External Exam (BECE). 2. Taught JSS 1 and JSS 2 mathematics and basic technology. 3. Spearheaded the JETS club.
Physics and Mathematics tutor (Partime) and Assistant Director.
Oct 2016 - Dec 2018
First Class Tutorial centre
1. Part of team organizing the day - to - day running of the tutorial center as some days, we handled 400 - 500 students preparing for SSCE and UME exams. 2. Organized private lessons (Home lessons) for numerous clients. 3. Taught physics, mathematics and sometimes chemistry.
Sep 2013 - Dec 2013
Divine Wisdom Educational Institute
This is where I started my teaching career. I was a Mathematics teacher for SS2.
Jun 2011 - Jun 2012
Ministry of Works, Benin
1. Metal machinist: carried out turning, threading, drilling and other cutting operations on the centre lathe machine, coupled with minor welding operation.
Apprentice (Part time)
Oct 2016 - Oct 2017
Sunny Automobile Workshop
Technical assistant in the diagnosis and repair of Toyota, Honda and other Japanese cars.