Quantitative Reasoning Tutor
Experienced Quantitative Reasoning Teacher
I would like to structure the tutorials by beginning with an overview of the previous lesson and then going through work that the student doesn't understand or may be working through in class at that moment and practice questions that I would supply. The lesson would end with ore practice questions for students to do in their own time before the next tutorial (aka homework). If the student would prefer a different kind of lesson structure I'd be happy to adapt to their requirements.
I currently possess two Educational degrees from Adeniran Ogunsanya College of Education and University of Ibadan respectively. Also, I attended the Corona Teachers' College Training on Strategies and Resources for Teaching Mathematics.
I have about ten years worth of teaching experience and it has produced some of the best students in the schools I have taught. For me, interaction and discussion are prerequisites to a successful tutorial. A lesson is not a lecture; rather, it is an opportunity to inform and consolidate understanding through active engagement in a specific topic.
I encourage students to be goal-oriented and maintain enthusiasm and motivation by establishing clear attainable milestones as I have come to notice a common trend: the basic knowledge of how to answer a question or solve a problem is present, but the student lacks the skill-set to confidently perform this in an exam scenario, which strike a balance between challenging them and also developing confidence. Most importantly, however, I think it is essential that the students enjoy their sessions and that the subject matter is made relevant and relatable. I consider myself to be very positive, patient and approachable and I strive to cultivate a safe environment in which students feel comfortable to express their difficulties and explore diverse methods to enhance learning and achieve their desired aims.
My teaching style is student centred. I make it a priority to be very flexible in teaching, in order to meet their various needs.
Oct 2012 - Aug 2016
University of Ibadan
Oct 2005 - Dec 2009
Adeniran Ogunsanya college of education
Jan 2016 - Feb 2016
Tender Touch College
1) Subject teaching to students 2) Preparing and coordinating students for mid term test/ class presentation 3) Preparing students for Art week
Jan 2015 - Feb 2015
Ejidey Comprehensive High School
1) Subject teaching to students 2) Preparing and coordinating students for class quiz/ examination 3) Preparing students for inter house sport
Nov 2012 - Aug 2014
1) Subjects teaching of pupils 2) Preparing pupils for examination
Feb 2012 - Oct 2012
1) Subjects teaching of pupil 2) Preparing pupil for examination
Nov 2009 - Dec 2011
Agate International School, Lagos Nigeria.
1) Subjects teaching to pupils 2) Preparing and coordinating pupils for examination 3) Coordinating of staff 4) Payments of staff salaries 5) Preparing and coordinating of PTA meetings/ End of year parties 6) Administrative work
Jan 2008 - Mar 2008
Treasured Beginnings School, Lagos Nigeria.
1) Subject teaching to pupils 2) Preparing and coordinating pupils for class quiz / Examination 3) General administrative work
Jul 2006 - Sep 2009
1) Subject teaching to pupils 2) Preparing and coordinating pupils for lesson quiz/Examination 3) Administrative work 4) Adult education 5) Home tutor 6) Payment of staff salaries
Sep 2018 - Present
Dawning International School, Lagos Nigeria.
I teach all subjects except for the languages.